QUILLIVANT XR CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylphenidate HCl ext-rel 5mg/mL; pwd for oral susp after reconstitution.
Indications for QUILLIVANT XR:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: Individualize. Shake bottle for 10 secs before use. Initially 20mg once daily in the AM. May increase by 10–20mg per week if needed; max 60mg daily.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Abuse and dependence.
High potential for abuse and dependence; monitor. Increased risk of sudden death, stroke, and MI; assess for presence of cardiac disease before initiating. Avoid in known structural cardiac abnormalities, cardiomyopathy, serious arrhythmias, coronary artery disease, and other cardiac problems. Pre-existing psychotic disorder. Bipolar disorder. Screen for risk factors in developing manic episode prior to initiating. Consider discontinuing if new psychotic or manic symptoms occur. Peripheral vasculopathy, including Raynaud's phenomenon; monitor for digital changes. Monitor growth (in children), BP, HR. Reduce dose or discontinue if paradoxical aggravation of symptoms occurs. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infants.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Risk of serotonin syndrome with serotonergic drugs.
Appetite decreased, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, weight decreased, anxiety, dizziness, irritability, affect lability, tachycardia, hypertension; priapism.
Bottles (w. oral dosing dispenser)—60mL, 120mL, 150mL, 180mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib