Quinidine sulfate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Quinidine sulfate 300mg; ext-rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Quinidine sulfate:
Atrial and ventricular arrhythmias (see literature).
Take with food and in an upright position. 300–600mg every 8–12 hrs.
Complete AV or bundle branch block or other severe intraventricular conduction defects. Myasthenia gravis. Arrhythmias due to digitalis intoxication. Aberrant impulses, abnormal rhythms due to escape mechanisms.
Atrial flutter; digitalize first. Incomplete AV block. Marginally compensated cardiovascular disease. Heart failure. Hypotension. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Monitor blood, liver and kidney function in long-term use. Monitor ECG and serum levels if dose is over 2.5g/day. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Toxicity increased by amiodarone, cimetidine, ranitidine, diuretics, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, sodium bicarbonate, verapamil, diltiazem. Potentiates anticoagulants, anticholinergics, neuromuscular blocking agents, phenothiazines, reserpine, timolol. Increases digitalis serum levels. Plasma levels decreased by barbiturates, hydantoins, rifampin, nifedipine.
Class I antiarrhythmic.
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, new or exacerbated arrhythmias, heart block, syncope, cinchonism, headache, blood dyscrasias, hypotension, flushing, impaired hearing and vision, allergic reactions, hepatic dysfunction.
Formerly known under the brand names Cin-quin, Quinidex, Quinora.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML