SABR may be used to improve PFS, or potentially OS, among patients who have a good response to chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy.
Once-daily radiotherapy is not superior to twice-daily treatment for patients with small-cell lung cancer receiving concurrent chemoradiotherapy.
Subgroup analyses demonstrated that SCRT particularly benefited patients with a neurological performance scale score of 2 to 3, supratentorial tumors, and patients age 16 or younger.
Researchers call for additional clinical trials investigating radiotherapy followed by immune checkpoint blockade for patients with NSCLC.
Among patients suffering post-radiation or chemoradiation locoregional HNSCC recurrence, those with HPV-positive disease may have better survival rates.
Patients with a SINS of 6 or lower can be effectively treated with palliative spinal radiotherapy, but patients with a SINS 7 or greater will likely achieve only a partial response.
A tissue array of head and neck tumor samples demonstrated a significant association between locoregional recurrence and PD-L1 expression.
According to this study's authors, subsequent meningiomas among pediatric cancer survivors lead to increased mortality and a high rate of neurologic sequelae.
A guideline update from the American Society for Radiation Oncology continues to support the efficacy and safety of palliative radiation therapy for bone metastases.
Incomplete neoadjuvant radiotherapy is associated with worse overall survival in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer.
PRT yields similar progression-free survival rates to IMRT; outcomes depend largely on the success of surgery prior to radiation therapy.
Clinicians ought to counsel patients that IORT can increase one's risk of ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence.
A combination of radiotherapy with local and systemic immunotherapy may be clinically beneficial for treating some types of tumors.
The addition of radiotherapy, either preoperatively or postoperatively, to surgery was associated with improved overall survival.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- CAR-T Trial for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Under Way
- Adjuvant Trastuzumab Emtansine Confers Improved Outcome in KATHERINE Trial
- Extension of Adjuvant Anastrozole Regimen to 10 Years Yields Higher DFS, but Not OS
- Daratumumab Combination: New Standard of Care in Transplant-Ineligible Multiple Myeloma
- Phase 3 GEICAM/CIBOMA Results: Adjuvant Capecitabine in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Risk Score Identifies Adjuvant Chemotherapy Toxicity Risk in Elderly Patients With Breast Cancer
- Despite Breast-Conserving Surgery Eligibility, Nearly 50% of Women Chose Mastectomy
- Lisinopril and Carvedilol May Reduce Cardiotoxicity During Adjuvant Trastuzumab Treatment
- Immune Marker Identified as Prognostic in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Rates of Adverse Events Similar Regardless of IMRT Boost Type