SABR may be used to improve PFS, or potentially OS, among patients who have a good response to chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy.
Once-daily radiotherapy is not superior to twice-daily treatment for patients with small-cell lung cancer receiving concurrent chemoradiotherapy.
Subgroup analyses demonstrated that SCRT particularly benefited patients with a neurological performance scale score of 2 to 3, supratentorial tumors, and patients age 16 or younger.
Researchers call for additional clinical trials investigating radiotherapy followed by immune checkpoint blockade for patients with NSCLC.
Among patients suffering post-radiation or chemoradiation locoregional HNSCC recurrence, those with HPV-positive disease may have better survival rates.
Patients with a SINS of 6 or lower can be effectively treated with palliative spinal radiotherapy, but patients with a SINS 7 or greater will likely achieve only a partial response.
A tissue array of head and neck tumor samples demonstrated a significant association between locoregional recurrence and PD-L1 expression.
According to this study's authors, subsequent meningiomas among pediatric cancer survivors lead to increased mortality and a high rate of neurologic sequelae.
A guideline update from the American Society for Radiation Oncology continues to support the efficacy and safety of palliative radiation therapy for bone metastases.
Incomplete neoadjuvant radiotherapy is associated with worse overall survival in patients with locally advanced rectal cancer.
PRT yields similar progression-free survival rates to IMRT; outcomes depend largely on the success of surgery prior to radiation therapy.
Clinicians ought to counsel patients that IORT can increase one's risk of ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence.
A combination of radiotherapy with local and systemic immunotherapy may be clinically beneficial for treating some types of tumors.
The addition of radiotherapy, either preoperatively or postoperatively, to surgery was associated with improved overall survival.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Liquid Biopsies and Cancer Detection: New Test Assesses Levels of Circulating Proteins for Early-Stage Diagnosis
- Understanding Telomerase: Higher Quality Images Give Insight Into Developing New Agents for Inhibition
- ARID1A Mutations Might Predict Tumor Response to Immunotherapy
- Resveratrol and Cancer
- Global Burden of Myeloma Increasing, Access to Treatments Lacking
- Managing Chemotherapy- and Radiation Therapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting
- Can Oncolytic Viruses Improve Immunotherapies?
- Coffee and Cancer
- Upfront Next-Generation Sequencing Is Faster, More Cost Effective in Metastatic NSCLC
- Longer Overall Survival with FOLFIRINOX Versus Gemcitabine/nab-Paclitaxel in Pancreatic Cancer
- Dendritic Cell Vaccine Plus Salvage Chemotherapy Active in Gastric Cancer
- Autophagy-Related Proteins May Be Prognostic Factors for CRC Survival With Chemotherapy
- Real-World Regorafenib Outcomes Mirror Clinical Trial Results in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Identifying Potential Targets for Companion Diagnostic Tests Using Poly-Ligand Profiling