Generic Name and Formulations:
Ranolazine 500mg, 1000mg; ext-rel tabs.
Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Indications for RANEXA:
Chronic angina; may be used with beta-blockers, nitrates, calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers, anti-platelet and lipid-lowering therapies.
Swallow whole. Initially 500mg twice daily, may increase to max 1g twice daily. Concomitant moderate CYP3A inhibitors (eg, diltiazem, verapamil, erythromycin, fluconazole, grapefruit-containing products): max 500mg twice daily. Concomitant P-gp inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine): titrate ranolazine dose based on response. Concomitant simvastatin: limit simvastatin to 20mg once daily. Concomitant metformin: give max metformin 1.7g/day if taking ranolazine 1g twice daily.
Severe hepatic impairment. Concomitant strong CYP3A inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, nelfinavir, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir) or CYP3A inducers (eg, rifampin, rifabutin, rifapentine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine, St. John's wort).
Not for acute angina episodes or for treating diabetes. History of or congenital long QT syndrome. Monitor renal function after initiation and periodically in moderate-to-severe renal impairment. Discontinue if acute renal failure develops. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Potentiates metformin; monitor glucose levels. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP3A (eg, simvastatin, lovastatin, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, sirolimus), P-gp transporters (eg, digoxin), CYP2D6 (eg, antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants); adjust doses of these drugs. May be potentiated by P-gp inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine). Caution with drugs that cause QT prolongation (eg, Class IA, Class III antiarrhythmics, thioridazine, ziprasidone).
Dizziness, headache, constipation, nausea; QT prolongation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Q&A With Mark B. Gerstein, PhD, on Diagnostic Genomic vs Exomic Sequencing
- Immune Signature for Renal Cell Papillary Carcinoma Predicts Outcome
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- First-Line Pembrolizumab Shows Promise in Non-Clear Cell RCC
- Early Tumor Shrinkage With Cabozantinib Improves Survival in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Combo Superior to Sunitinib in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed