RECOMBIVAX HB DIALYSIS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis B surface antigen vaccine (recombinant) 40mcg/mL; susp for IM inj; aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for RECOMBIVAX HB DIALYSIS:
Hepatitis B immunization.
Adults and Children:
Use correct formulation; see literature. Give IM into anterolateral thigh for children; deltoid for adults. May give SC if risk of hemorrhage. Patients 0–19yrs of age (three-dose regimen): give 1st dose of 5mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose). Or, for patients 11–15yrs of age, may use alternate two-dose regimen: give 1st dose of 10mcg at elected date and repeat after 4–6 months (2nd dose). Patients ≥20yrs of age: give 1st dose of 10mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose). Dialysis and pre-dialysis patients: give 1st dose of 40mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose); consider booster dose if antibody levels fall to <10mIU/mL. High-risk infants (mother is HBsAg positive or unknown) or if exposed to HBsAg: give hepatitis B immune globulin also (see literature).
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Serious active infection. Severely compromised cardiopulmonary status. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, irritability, fatigue, headache, fever, malaise, nausea, diarrhea, anorexia, pharyngitis, upper respiratory infection, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose vials: Ped/Adolescent 5mcg/0.5mL (yellow cap)—1, 10; Adult 10mcg/1mL (green cap)—1, 10; Dialysis 40mcg/1mL (blue cap)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy