Generic Name and Formulations:
Thrombin [recombinant] 5000 IU, 20000 IU; per vial; pwd for topical use after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for RECOTHROM:
Aid to hemostasis for minor bleeding/oozing from capillaries and venules when standard surgical techniques are inadequate or ineffective. May use with absorbable gelatin sponge.
Apply directly to bleeding area, or soak into absorbable gelatin sponge and apply in a single layer.
Not for direct injection into circulatory system. Not for treatment of massive or brisk arterial bleeding. Hypersensitivity to hamster proteins.
Avoid systemic absorption (thrombosis may occur). Hypersensitivity to snake proteins. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Incision site complication, infection, pain, bleeding, nausea/vomiting, cardiac events, thromboembolic events.
Single-use vial (5000 IU, 20000 IU)—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
20000 IU Recothrom kit (co-packaged with ZymoGenetics Spray Applicator Kit)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC