Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4% (1.5mg/inch); oint; contains lanolin.
Indications for RECTIV:
Treatment of moderate-to-severe pain associated with chronic anal fissure.
Apply using finger covering (eg, plastic-wrap, disposable surgical glove, finger cot). ≥18yrs: 1 inch of ointment intra-anally every 12 hours for up to 3 weeks. Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil). Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure.
Volume depleted. Hypotension. Cardiomyopathy. CHF. Acute MI. Poor cardiac function. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension with PDE5 inhibitors, antihypertensive drugs (eg, calcium channel blockers, beta-adrenergic blockers, other nitrates). Potentiated by aspirin. Antagonizes tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA); caution. Anticoagulant effect of heparin may be reduced; monitor APTT. Potentiates ergotamine; possible ergotism. Additive vasodilating effects with alcohol; avoid use.
Headache, dizziness, hypotension (including orthostatic hypotension); rare: flushing, allergic reactions, application site reactions (eg, drug rash, exfoliative dermatitis), methemoglobinemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib