Generic Name and Formulations:
Treprostinil 1mg/mL, 2.5mg/mL, 5mg/mL, 10mg/mL; soln for SC or IV continuous infusion.
United Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for REMODULIN:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in patients with NYHA Class II–IV symptoms, to diminish symptoms associated with exercise. PAH patients requiring transition from Flolan (epoprostenol), to reduce the rate of clinical deterioration.
>16yrs: Give preferably by SC continuous infusion; if not tolerated, may give by IV continuous infusion (dilution required). Treatment-naïve: initially 1.25ng/kg/min (or 0.625ng/kg/min, if not tolerated); may increase dose based on response by increments of 1.25ng/kg/min per week for 1st 4 weeks of treatment, then 2.5ng/kg/min per week. Infusion rate: see full labeling. Doses >40ng/kg/min: limited experience. Mild-to-moderate hepatic insufficiency: initially 0.625ng/kg/min; increase cautiously. Severe hepatic insufficiency: not studied. Transition from Flolan (epoprostenol): increase treprostinil dose gradually as the epoprostenol dose is decreased, based on response (see full labeling). Transition to implantable IV infusion pump: see full labeling.
≤16yrs: not established.
Should be administered by experienced clinicians in PAH diagnosis and treatment. IV route: risk of blood stream infections and sepsis; may be fatal. Low systemic arterial pressure: risk of symptomatic hypotension. Avoid abrupt withdrawal or sudden large dose reduction. Hepatic or renal insufficiency; titrate gradually. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by CYP2C8 inhibitor (eg, gemfibrozil) and antagonized by CYP2C8 inducer (eg, rifampin); may need to adjust dose.
Infusion reactions/site pain, headache, diarrhea, nausea, jaw pain, vasodilatation, edema, hypotension; bleeding.
Multidose vials (20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC