RENACIDIN IRRIGATION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Citric acid 6.602g, glucono-delta-lactone 198mg, magnesium carbonate 3.177g; per 100mL; irrigation soln (pH 3.85).
Indications for RENACIDIN IRRIGATION:
Dissolution of renal or bladder calculi composed of apatite or struvite in select patients. Adjunct to dissolve apatite or struvite calculi after surgery or to achieve partial dissolution prior to surgical removal. Prevention of incrustations of indwelling urinary tract catheters.
Renal calculi: Irrigate with sterile saline at 60mL/hr after fourth or fifth post-operative day and increase until pain, elevated pressure or a maximum of 120mL/hr is achieved; then start Renacidin at max rate achieved with saline. Bladder calculi: 30mL through urinary catheter into bladder, clamp for 30–60 minutes, drain bladder; repeat 4–6 times a day. Catheter incrustation: 30mL through catheter, clamp for 10 minutes, drain; repeat 3 times daily.
UTIs (obtain urine culture prior to use). Urinary tract extravasation.
Monitor magnesium, phosphate, serum creatinine, intrapelvic pressure, and for UTI or catheter obstruction; discontinue if these increase or severe urothelial edema on X-ray occur. Impaired renal function. Maintain catheter patency. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant magnesium: not recommended.
Transient flank pain, urthelial ulceration and/or edema, fever, UTI, back pain, dysuria, transient hematuria, nausea, hypermagnesemia, hyperphosphatemia, elevated serum creatinine, candidiasis, bladder irritation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma