Identifying Common Treatment Recommendations in Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
Heterogeneity of decision criteria was observed in most clinical scenarios comparing treatment algorithms in the treatment of metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma (mccRCC), according to an article published online in the journal The Oncologist.
The authors of this study aimed to obtain treatment algorithms and develop decision trees through the analysis of treatment of mccRCC from experts at 11 institutions.
Results showed the most common treatment recommendations for mccRCC included sunitinib, pazopanib, temsirolimus, interferon-α combined with bevacizumab, high-dose interleukin-2, sorafenib, axitinib, everolimus, and best supportive care.
Furthermore, the criteria relevant for treatment decision-making included performance status, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center risk group, only or mainly lung metastases, cardiac insufficiency, hepatic insufficiency, age, and “zugzwang” (composite of multiple, related criteria).
The study’s findings demonstrate how available data, regarding decision criteria and different treatment strategies, are implemented distinctly among experts.
Heterogeneity of decision criteria was observed in most clinical scenarios in treatment of metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Plastics and Cancer
- Real-World Study Shows High Response Rates to T-VEC in Early Metastatic Melanoma
- Using ctDNA to Predict Cancer Recurrence and Guide Therapy Selection
- Are Next-Gen Antibody-Drug Conjugates a Path Forward for Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and Myeloma?
- Cabozantinib Shows Promising Activity in Osteosarcoma and Ewing Sarcoma
- First-Line Alectinib Effective in Asian Patients With ALK-Positive Advanced NSCLC
- Pembrolizumab Alone or With Chemotherapy Prolongs OS in Recurrent/Metastatic HNSCC
- Pembrolizumab With Dabrafenib and Trametinib Shows Efficacy, But High TRAEs, in Melanoma
- Assays May Help Researchers Discover Factors Underlying Immunotherapy Response
- Atezolizumab Combo Improved PFS, OS in Stage IV Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer