Generic Name and Formulations:
Evolocumab 140mg/mL; per prefilled syringe or SureClick autoinjector; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for REPATHA:
Adjunct to diet, alone or in combination with other lipid-lowering therapies, in adults with primary hyperlipidemia (including heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia [HeFH]) to reduce LDL-C. Adjunct to diet and other LDL-lowering therapies, in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia (HoFH) requiring additional lowering of LDL-C. To reduce the risk of MI, stroke, and coronary revascularization in adults with established cardiovascular (CV) disease.
Give by SC inj into abdomen, thigh, or upper arm; rotate inj sites. Primary hyperlipidemia, HeFH or CV disease: 140mg every 2 weeks or 420mg once monthly. HoFH: (≥13yrs): 420mg once monthly; measure LDL-C levels 4–8 weeks after initiation. To administer 420mg dose: give over 9 mins by using the on-body infusor or as 3 inj consecutively within 30 mins using the prefilled syringe or autoinjector.
Primary hyperlipidemia or HeFH: not established. HoFH: <13yrs: not established.
Do not inject into areas that are tender, bruised, red, or indurated. Discontinue if serious allergic reactions occur. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Proprotein convertase subtilisin kexin type 9 (PCSK9) inhibitor.
Avoid co-administration with other injectable drugs at same inj site.
Nasopharyngitis, URTI, influenza, back pain, inj site reactions.
Single-use prefilled syringe—1; Single-use prefilled SureClick autoinjector—1, 2, 3; Single-use Pushtronex system—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC