Generic Name and Formulations:
Fibrinogen concentrate (human) 900–1300mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains albumin; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for RIASTAP:
Acute bleeding episodes in patients with congenital fibrinogen deficiency, including afibrinogenemia and hypofibrinogenemia.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Give by slow IV inj at rate not exceeding 5mL/min. Individualize. Calculate dose when baseline fibrinogen level is known: Dose (mg/kg body wt) = [Target level (mg/dL) – measured level (mg/dL)] / 1.7 (mg/dL per mg/kg body wt). When baseline fibrinogen level is not known: 70mg/kg. Monitor fibrinogen level during therapy. Maintain target fibrinogen level of 100mg/dL until hemostatis is obtained.
Not for use in dysfibrinogenemia. Monitor for allergic or hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue if occur. Risk of thrombosis (monitor). Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Fever, headache, chills, nausea, vomiting; thrombotic episodes (eg, pulmonary embolism, MI, DVT), anaphylactic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline