Generic Name and Formulations:
Auranofin 3mg; caps.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for RIDAURA:
Active rheumatoid arthritis unresponsive to NSAIDs.
Initially 6mg daily in 1–2 divided doses. If response inadequate after 6 months, may increase to 3mg 3 times daily. If still ineffective after 3 months, discontinue.
History of gold-induced disorders.
Be fully familiar with chrysotherapy and this product's toxicity and benefits before use. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Inflammatory bowel disease. Rash. History of bone marrow depression. Monitor CBC with differential, platelet count, urinalysis, renal, liver function and for GI bleeding. Discontinue immediately if thrombocytopenia, proteinuria, or hematuria occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
DMARD (gold salt).
Bone marrow depression, proteinuria, hematuria, diarrhea, GI upset, ulcerative colitis, rash, pruritus, exfoliative dermatitis, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome, cholestatic jaundice, gold bronchitis, pneumonitis, peripheral neuropathy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML