Generic Name and Formulations:
Auranofin 3mg; caps.
Prometheus Labs, Inc.
Indications for RIDAURA:
Active rheumatoid arthritis unresponsive to NSAIDs.
Initially 6mg daily in 1–2 divided doses. If response inadequate after 6 months, may increase to 3mg 3 times daily. If still ineffective after 3 months, discontinue.
History of gold-induced disorders.
Gold toxicity. Physicians should be experienced in chrysotherapy.
Be fully familiar with chrysotherapy and this product's toxicity and benefits before use. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Inflammatory bowel disease. Rash. History of bone marrow depression. Monitor CBC with differential, platelet count, urinalysis, renal, liver function and for GI bleeding. Discontinue immediately if thrombocytopenia, proteinuria, or hematuria occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
DMARD (gold salt).
Bone marrow depression, proteinuria, hematuria, diarrhea, GI upset, ulcerative colitis, rash, pruritus, exfoliative dermatitis, stomatitis, conjunctivitis, proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome, cholestatic jaundice, gold bronchitis, pneumonitis, peripheral neuropathy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib