Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentavalent, live rotavirus vaccine; oral susp; contains fetal bovine serum (trace); preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ROTATEQ:
Rotavirus gastroenteritis vaccination in infants 6–32 weeks of age.
<6 weeks or >32 weeks: not established. Each dose is 1 tube. Give 1st dose orally at 6–12 weeks of age; give 2nd and 3rd dose at 4–10 week intervals for a total of 3 doses. If incomplete dose is given, do not give replacement dose; continue with remaining doses in the recommended series.
Severe combined immunodeficiency disease. History of intussusception.
Immunocompromised (blood dyscrasias, leukemia, lymphomas, or other malignancies; primary and acquired immunodeficiency states, HIV/AIDS; cellular immune deficiencies; and hypogammaglobulinemic and dysgammaglobulinemic states; received blood transfusion or blood products, including immunoglobulins within 42 days). Febrile illness. Active or history of GI disorders. Chronic diarrhea. Failure to thrive. History of congenital abdominal disorders. Abdominal surgery. Risk of intussusception. Immunodeficient close contacts. Pregnancy (Cat. C), women of child-bearing potential: not recommended.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling; oral polio vaccine: not recommended.
Diarrhea, vomiting, irritability, otitis media, nasopharyngitis, bronchospasm; rare: intussusception, hematochezia, seizures, Kawasaki disease.
Single-use tube (2mL)—10, 25
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma