Generic Name and Formulations:
Ramelteon 8mg; tabs.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Indications for ROZEREM:
Take 8mg within 30min of bedtime. Do not take with high-fat/heavy meals (delays effect).
Severe hepatic impairment. Concomitant fluvoxamine.
Severe COPD, severe obstructive sleep apnea: not recommended. Moderate hepatic impairment. Depression. Behavioral changes. Monitor prolactin and testosterone levels if unexplained amenorrhea, galactorrhea, decreased libido, or fertility problems occur. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Potentiated by potent inhibitors of CYP1A2, CYP3A4 (eg, ketoconazole), CYP2C9 (eg, fluconazole). Antagonized by potent CYP450 inducers (eg, rifampin).
Hypnotic (melatonin agonist).
Somnolence, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), dizziness, fatigue; reduced testosterone or cortisol levels, increased prolactin levels (monitor if occurs); anaphylaxis, angioedema, others (see literature).
Tabs—30, 100, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma