Generic Name and Formulations:
Dantrolene sodium 250mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution.
Indications for RYANODEX:
Treatment of malignant hyperthermia (MH) in conjunction with appropriate supportive measures. Prevention of malignant hyperthermia in high-risk patients.
Adults and Children:
Treatment: Give by IV push at a minimum of 1mg/kg; if psychologic and metabolic abnormalities continues or reappear, repeat dosing; max cumulative dose: 10mg/kg. Prevention: Start approx. 75 mins prior to surgery. 2.5mg/kg by IV over ≥1 min; may give additional doses if surgery prolonged.
Institute supportive measures (eg, discontinue MH-triggering agents, manage metabolic acidosis, cooling if necessary, diuretic administration). Monitor for skeletal muscle weakness, adequate ventilation, difficulty swallowing and choking. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MH-triggering agents. Increased risk of somnolence or dizziness with concomitant sedative agents. Concomitant calcium channel blockers: not recommended. Concomitant other muscle relaxants may potentiate neuromuscular block. Increased CNS effects with concomitant antipsychotics, anxiolytics.
Muscle relaxant (skeletal).
Loss of grip strength, weakness in the legs, drowsiness, flushing, somnolence, dizziness, nausea, thrombophlebitis, tissue necrosis secondary to extravasation, urticaria, inj site reactions (eg, pain, erythema, swelling); dyspnea, dysphasia.
Single-use vial (20mL)—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML