Generic Name and Formulations:
Pilocarpine (as HCl) 5mg, 7.5mg; tabs.
Indications for SALAGEN:
Dry mouth (xerostomia) due to radiotherapy for head and neck cancer or Sjogren's syndrome.
Cancer: Initially 5mg three times daily; range 15–30mg daily; max 10mg/dose. Sjogren's syndrome: 5mg four times daily. Moderate hepatic impairment for both: 5mg twice daily.
Uncontrolled asthma. When miosis is undesirable (iritis, narrow-angle glaucoma).
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Cardiovascular disease. Controlled asthma. Chronic bronchitis. COPD. Cholethiasis. Biliary tract disease. Nephrolithiasis. Cognitive or psychiatric disorders. Activities requiring visual acuity. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Cardiac conduction disturbances with β-blockers. Potentiates parasympathomimetics. Antagonizes anticholinergics (eg, atropine, ipratropium).
Sweating, nausea, rhinitis, chills, flushing, urinary frequency, dizziness, asthenia, headache, abnormal vision.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline