Generic Name and Formulations:
Salsalate 500mg, 750mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Salsalate:
Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis.
3g daily in divided doses.
Varicella or influenza in teenagers. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Aspirin allergy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Hypertension. Heart failure. Edema. Bleeding disorders. Monitor blood, liver, renal function with chronic use. Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Diabetes. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
PABA may increase serum levels. May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase excretion. May antagonize uricosurics and spironolactone.
Salicylism, tinnitus, nausea, dyspepsia, GI bleed, hearing loss, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand names Disalcid, Salflex.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib