Generic Name and Formulations:
Salsalate 500mg, 750mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Salsalate:
Rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis.
3g daily in divided doses.
Varicella or influenza in teenagers. 3rd trimester pregnancy. Aspirin allergy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Hypertension. Heart failure. Edema. Bleeding disorders. Monitor blood, liver, renal function with chronic use. Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Diabetes. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
PABA may increase serum levels. May potentiate anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase excretion. May antagonize uricosurics and spironolactone.
Salicylism, tinnitus, nausea, dyspepsia, GI bleed, hearing loss, rash (discontinue if occurs). See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand names Disalcid, Salflex.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma