Generic Name and Formulations:
Brinzolamide 1%, brimonidine tartrate 0.2%; oph susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for SIMBRINZA:
Reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: contraindicated. ≥2yrs: 1 drop three times daily.
Neonates and infants <2yrs.
Sulfonamide allergy. Discontinue if serious systemic or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Increased risk of corneal edema in patients with low endothelium cell counts. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Hepatic impairment. Severe cardiovascular disease. Depression. Cerebral or coronary insufficiency. Raynaud’s phenomenon. Orthostatic hypotension. Thromboangitis obliterans. Acute angle-closure glaucoma. Remove soft contact lenses before use; may reinsert 15mins later. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor + alpha-2 agonist.
Concomitant oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: not recommended. Caution with antihypertensives, cardiac glycosides, tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs. Concomitant high-dose salicylate may produce acid-base and electrolyte alterations. May be potentiated by CNS depressants (eg, alcohol, opiates, barbiturates, sedatives, anesthetics). Separate administration of other oph drugs by ≥5 minutes.
Blurred vision, eye irritation, dysgeusia, dry mouth, eye allergy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline