Generic Name and Formulations:
Diatrizoate meglumine 527mg, iodipamide meglumine 268mg; per mL; soln for intrauterine instillation; contains sodium 0.91mg/mL, organically bound iodine 380mg/mL.
Indications for SINOGRAFIN:
See literature for information on administration and radiography. Empty bladder before exam. 3–4mL administered in fractional doses of approx. 1mL are usually adequate to visualize the uterus; an additional 3–4mL will demonstrate the tubes. Total doses of 1.5–10mL have been used.
Pregnancy. During menstrual period. External genitalia or genital tract infection. Within 30 days of curettage or conization or within 6 months following termination of pregnancy.
Should be performed by personnel trained in diagnostic procedures that involve radiopaque diagnostic agents. Carcinoma of the uterus and/or uterine/tubes; possible dispersion of carcinogenic cells during procedure. History of asthma/allergy. Nursing mothers.
May interfere with thyroid tests.
Radiopaque contrast medium.
Dizziness, syncope, hypotension, chills, fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and tenderness, hypersensitivity reactions; rare: bradycardia, hypotension, cardiac arrest, death.
Single-dose vial (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy