Generic Name and Formulations:
Tedizolid phosphate 200mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for SIVEXTRO:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
≥18yrs: 200mg once daily for 6 days.
<18yrs: not established.
Not adequately evaluated in patients with neutropenia (ANC <1000 cells/mm3); consider alternate therapies. Risk of C. difficile-associated diarrhea; discontinue if suspected or confirmed. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Tabs: May potentiate oral BCRP substrates; consider interrupting co-administered substrates esp. those with narrow therapeutic index (eg, methotrexate, topotecan); monitor if coadministration (including rosuvastatin) is necessary.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness.
Tabs—6 (blister pack), 30; single-use vials—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib