Generic Name and Formulations:
Metaxalone 800mg; scored tabs.
King Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SKELAXIN:
As adjunct treatment for acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
800mg 3–4 times daily.
≤12yrs: not established.
Anemias. Significant renal or hepatic dysfunction.
Renal or hepatic impairment (monitor LFTs). Elderly. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Increased risk of sedation, respiratory depression with concomitant other CNS depressants (eg, alcohol, benzodiazepines, opioids, TCAs); monitor closely. Risk of serotonin syndrome with serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, TCAs, triptans, 5-HT3 antagonists, opioids, mirtazapine, trazodone, tramadol, MAOIs, linezolid, IV methylene blue); monitor and discontinue if suspected. Concomitant with food may enhance CNS depression. May cause false (+) Benedict's test.
Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nervousness, GI upset, rash, jaundice, hemolytic anemia, leukopenia; hypersensitivity reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- IL-23 Drives Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Immediate Instillation of Mitomycin C Post-TURBT May Benefit All Patients with Bladder Cancer
- Lenalidomide-Based Maintenance Therapy May Be the Most Effective in Myeloma
- Approximately Two-Thirds of Patients With Stage IV Bladder Cancer Remain Untreated
- Aspirin and Colorectal Cancer