Generic Name and Formulations:
Minocycline (as HCl) 55mg, 65mg, 80mg, 105mg, 115mg; ext-rel tabs.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for SOLODYN:
Inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne.
Swallow whole. Give approximately 1mg/kg once daily for 12wks. Weight-based dosing (45–49kg): 45mg; (50–59kg): 55mg; (60–71kg): 65mg; (72–84kg): 80mg; (85–96kg): 90mg; (97–110kg): 105mg; (111–125kg): 115mg; (126–136kg): 135mg. Renal impairment: reduce dose or extend dosing intervals.
<12yrs: not established.
Not bioequivalent with other minocycline products. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function. Discontinue if superinfection, DRESS syndrome, or autoimmune syndromes develop. Monitor for visual disturbances. Renal or hepatic impairment. Avoid sun or UV light. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant penicillins, isotretinoin. Fatal renal toxicity with concomitant methoxyflurane. May need to reduce concomitant anticoagulant dose. Absorption reduced by antacids containing aluminum, calcium, magnesium and iron. May antagonize oral contraceptives. May interfere with fluorescence test.
Headache, fatigue, dizziness, pruritus; teeth discoloration, delayed skeletal development, intracranial hypertension, C.difficile-associated diarrhea, photosensitivity, hyperpigmentation, hepatotoxicity, skin/hypersensitivity reactions (may be severe).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib