Generic Name and Formulations:
Minocycline (as HCl) 55mg, 65mg, 80mg, 105mg, 115mg; ext-rel tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for SOLODYN:
Inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne.
Swallow whole. Give approximately 1mg/kg once daily for 12wks. Weight-based dosing (45–49kg): 45mg; (50–59kg): 55mg; (60–71kg): 65mg; (72–84kg): 80mg; (85–96kg): 90mg; (97–110kg): 105mg; (111–125kg): 115mg; (126–136kg): 135mg. Renal impairment: reduce dose or extend dosing intervals.
<12yrs: not established.
Not bioequivalent with other minocycline products. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function. Discontinue if superinfection, DRESS syndrome, or autoimmune syndromes develop. Monitor for visual disturbances. Renal or hepatic impairment. Avoid sun or UV light. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant penicillins, isotretinoin. Fatal renal toxicity with concomitant methoxyflurane. May need to reduce concomitant anticoagulant dose. Absorption reduced by antacids containing aluminum, calcium, magnesium and iron. May antagonize oral contraceptives. May interfere with fluorescence test.
Headache, fatigue, dizziness, pruritus; teeth discoloration, delayed skeletal development, intracranial hypertension, C.difficile-associated diarrhea, photosensitivity, hyperpigmentation, hepatotoxicity, skin/hypersensitivity reactions (may be severe).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML