Generic Name and Formulations:
Desmopressin acetate 150mcg/spray; soln for nasal spray.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for STIMATE:
To maintain hemostasis or to stop bleeding in Hemophilia A and mild-to-moderate Type I von Willebrand Disease (VWD), each with Factor VIII levels >5%.
Adults and Children:
<11months: not recommended. Give test dose prior to initiating therapy. >11months: <50kg: 1 spray in one nostril (150mcg). ≥50kg: 1 spray per nostril (300mcg). May repeat dose based on clinical response. Pre-op: give 2hrs prior to procedure. Repeated administration before 48 hrs associated with tachyphylaxis.
Not for treating Type IIb VWD, or severe VWD with abnormal molecular form of Factor VIII antigen. Adjust fluid intake downward (esp in children and elderly) to reduce risk of water intoxication, hyponatremia. Monitor fluid intake, plasma osmolality. Fluid and electrolyte imbalances (eg, cystic fibrosis). Coronary artery disease. Hypertension. Predisposition to thrombosis. Unreliable absorption if altered nasal mucosa (eg, scarring, edema); discontinue until resolved. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other pressor agents (monitor).
Headache, nausea, abdominal cramps, vulval pain, facial flushing, local reactions, sore throat, water intoxication, hyponatremia; rare: BP changes, severe allergic reactions, thrombotic events.
Spray Pump—2.5mL (25 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline