Generic Name and Formulations:
Desmopressin acetate 150mcg/spray; soln for nasal spray.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for STIMATE:
To maintain hemostasis or to stop bleeding in Hemophilia A and mild-to-moderate Type I von Willebrand Disease (VWD), each with Factor VIII levels >5%.
Adults and Children:
<11months: not recommended. Give test dose prior to initiating therapy. >11months: <50kg: 1 spray in one nostril (150mcg). ≥50kg: 1 spray per nostril (300mcg). May repeat dose based on clinical response. Pre-op: give 2hrs prior to procedure. Repeated administration before 48 hrs associated with tachyphylaxis.
Not for treating Type IIb VWD, or severe VWD with abnormal molecular form of Factor VIII antigen. Adjust fluid intake downward (esp in children and elderly) to reduce risk of water intoxication, hyponatremia. Monitor fluid intake, plasma osmolality. Fluid and electrolyte imbalances (eg, cystic fibrosis). Coronary artery disease. Hypertension. Predisposition to thrombosis. Unreliable absorption if altered nasal mucosa (eg, scarring, edema); discontinue until resolved. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other pressor agents (monitor).
Headache, nausea, abdominal cramps, vulval pain, facial flushing, local reactions, sore throat, water intoxication, hyponatremia; rare: BP changes, severe allergic reactions, thrombotic events.
Spray Pump—2.5mL (25 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy