STRIVERDI RESPIMAT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Olodaterol 2.5mcg; per actuation; inhalation spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
Indications for STRIVERDI RESPIMAT:
Long-term maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema. Limitations of use: not for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD.
Take at same time each day. 2 inhalations once daily; max 2 inhalations/day.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
LABAs may increase risk of asthma-related death. Do not initiate in patients with acutely deteriorating COPD. Not for relief of acute bronchospasm. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for use with other long-acting β2-agonists. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or hypersensitivity reactions occur; use alternative therapy. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Prolongation of the QT interval. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Risk of hypokalemia or hyperglycemia. Severe hepatic impairment. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant other adrenergic drugs. Concomitant xanthine derivatives, steroids, K+-depleting diuretics may potentiate hypokalemia. Extreme caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, or drugs known to prolong QTc interval. Antagonized by β-blockers; if needed, consider cardioselective agents. Potentiated by strong CYP450 and P-gp inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Nasopharyngitis, URTI, bronchitis, UTI, cough, dizziness, rash, diarrhea, back pain, arthralgia.
Inhaler (w. cartridge)—4g (60 inh)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC