Generic Name and Formulations:
Nisoldipine 8.5mg, 17mg*, 34mg; ext-rel tabs; *contains tartrazine.
Covis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SULAR:
Swallow whole. Take on an empty stomach (1hr before or 2hrs after a meal). Initially 17mg once daily; may increase by 8.5mg per week or longer intervals. Usual maintenance: 17–34mg once daily; max 34mg/day. Hepatic impairment or elderly (>65yrs): Initially 8.5mg once daily.
Coronary artery disease. Heart failure or compromised ventricular function (esp. with a beta-blocker). Monitor BP closely during initiation and titration. Severe hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Avoid concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors or inducers, grapefruit juice. High-fat meals increase peak drug concentrations. Antagonized by phenytoin (avoid; consider alternatives). May be potentiated by cimetidine.
Peripheral edema, headache, dizziness, pharyngitis, vasodilation, sinusitis, palpitations, chest pain, nausea, rash; increased angina, MI (rare), hypotension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline