Sulfacetamide sodium + Prednisolone sodium phosphate Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sulfacetamide sodium 100mg, prednisolone sodium phosphate 2.5mg; per mL; contains thimersol.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Sulfacetamide sodium + Prednisolone sodium phosphate Ophthalmic Solution:
For steroid-responsive inflammatory ocular conditions for which a corticosteroid is indicated and where bacterial infection or a risk of bacterial ocular infection exists.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: instill 2 drops in the eye(s) every 4 hours. Max initial ℞: 20mL.
Ocular fungal, viral or mycobacterial infections.
Do not inject into the eye. Corneal or scleral thinning. Severe dry eye. Glaucoma. Monitor IOP, and for secondary infections in prolonged use. Discontinue if sensitization reaction occurs. Reevaluate if symptoms fail to improve after two days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Incompatible with silver preparations. Local anesthetics related to p-aminobenzoic acid may antagonize the action of sulfonamide.
Antibacterial + steroid.
Local irritation, sensitization, masks infection, delays healing; in prolonged use: increased IOP, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage.
Formerly known under the brand name Vasocidin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma