SUPARTZ FX Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 25mg/2.5mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Indications for SUPARTZ FX:
Osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed nonpharmacologic therapy and analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Prior to treatment: remove joint effusion, if present. Local anesthetic (eg, lidocaine) by SC inj may be recommended prior to inj. Inject 2.5mL intra-articularly in each affected knee weekly for 5 weeks. Use separate syringes for each knee.
Infection or skin disease at inj site.
Treatment cycle <3 injections: not established. Avian protein, feather, egg allergy. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid disinfectants with quaternary ammonium salts. Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not established.
Arthralgia, arthropathy/arthrosis/arthritis, back pain, pain, inj site reaction/pain, headache.
Single-use prefilled syringes—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML