Generic Name and Formulations:
Cefixime 400mg; tabs.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SUPRAX:
Susceptible infections, including pharyngitis, tonsillitis, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis; uncomplicated UTIs and cervical or urethral gonorrhea.
400mg once daily or 200mg every 12 hrs. Gonorrhea: 400mg once. Infections due to Streptococcus pyogenes: treat for at least 10 days. Renal impairment: adjust dose; see full labeling.
<6 months: not established. Chew tabs: chew or crush before swallowing. <50kg and 6 months–12yrs: 8mg/kg once daily or 4mg/kg every 12 hrs. >50kg or >12yrs: use adult dose. Otitis media: treat with chew tabs or susp; do not substitute with tabs. Infections due to Streptococcus pyogenes: treat for at least 10 days.
Penicillin or other allergy. Renal impairment. History of GI disease. Chew tabs: phenylketonuria. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate carbamazepine, anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) (monitor). May cause false (+) Clinitest, direct Coomb's, nitroprusside test for ketones. Potentiated by probenecid.
Diarrhea, nausea, loose stools, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, vomiting, hypersensitivity reactions, headache, dizziness, seizures, transient renal and hepatic effects; C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Tabs—10, 50, 100; Chew tabs—10, 50; Susp 100mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL; 200mg/5mL—25mL, 37.5mL, 50mL, 75mL, 100mL; 500mg/5mL—10mL, 20mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib