Generic Name and Formulations:
Beractant (as phospholipids) 25mg/mL; susp for intratracheal administration; preservative-free.
Indications for SURVANTA:
Prevention and treatment of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) in premature infants.
See literature for dosing chart, administration, and additional support procedures. 100mg of phospholipids (4mL)/kg birth weight per dose, by intratracheal administration; max 4 doses, at 6-hr intervals in the first 48hrs after birth. Rescue: give 1st dose as soon as possible after infant is placed on mechanical ventilation for treatment of RDS. Prevention: give 1st dose as soon as possible after birth, preferably within 15 mins. Avoid suctioning for 1 hour after treatment, unless significant airway obstruction occurs. Retreatment is determined by continued respiratory distress. Get radiographic confirmation of RDS in those infants given preventative dose before giving additional doses.
Interrupt dosing if bradycardia or oxygen desaturation occurs; treat; resume after stabilization. Monitor oxygenation, carbon dioxide, and clinical condition frequently and carefully.
Dosing procedure reactions including oxygen desaturation and bradycardia, rales, moist breath sounds, sepsis, intracranial hemorrhage.
Vials (4mL, 8mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML