Generic Name and Formulations:
Quinupristin/dalfopristin 500mg per vial (as 150mg quinupristin and 350mg dalfopristin); pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNERCID:
Treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections due to S. aureus (methicillin-susceptible) or S. pyogenes.
Give by IV infusion over 60mins. ≥16yrs: 7.5mg/kg every 12hrs for at least 7 days.
<16yrs: not established; doses of 7.5 mg/kg every 8hrs or 12hrs have been used in a limited number of children under emergency-use conditions (see full labeling).
Hepatic insufficiency. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval. Potentiates CYP3A4 substrates (eg, midazolam, nifedipine, cisapride, carbamazepine, vinca alkaloids, taxanes, steroids, NNRTIs, protease inhibitors, statins); monitor esp. those with narrow therapeutic window (eg, cyclosporine, tacrolimus). May affect digoxin.
Inj site reactions, arthralgia, myalgia, GI upset, thrombophlebitis, rash, headache, pruritus; C. difficile-associated diarrhea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy