Generic Name and Formulations:
Omacetaxine mepesuccinate 3.5mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNRIBO:
Treatment of patients with chronic or accelerated phase chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with resistance and/or intolerance to two or more tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI).
Induction: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart) for 14 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle. Repeat cycles every 28 days until hematologic response achieved. Maintenance: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily for 7 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle, as long as clinically beneficial. Dose adjustments and modifications: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression (thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia) or hemorrhage (cerebral, GI). Monitor CBCs with platelets weekly during induction and initial maintenance cycles, then every 2wks during later cycles. Diabetes: monitor glucose levels frequently; if poorly controlled, avoid until glycemic control is established. Elderly. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant anticoagulants, aspirin, NSAIDs if platelets <50,000/microliters.
Protein synthesis inhibitor.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, asthenia, injection site reaction, pyrexia, infection, lymphopenia; bleeding, hyperglycemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC