Generic Name and Formulations:
Flecainide acetate 50mg, 100mg+, 150mg+; tabs; +scored.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for TAMBOCOR:
Documented, life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias. Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias (PSVT), paroxysmal atrial fibrillation/flutter (PAF) in patients without structural heart disease.
Sustained ventricular tachycardia: Initiate in hospital; initially 100mg every 12 hrs; may increase by 50mg twice daily at 4 day intervals; max 400mg/day. PSVT or PAF: 50mg every 12 hrs; may increase by 50mg twice daily at 4 day intervals; max 300mg daily. CrCl ≤35mL/min per 1.73m2: Initially 100mg once daily or 50mg every 12hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block or right bundle branch block associated with left hemiblock, unless paced. Cardiogenic shock. Recent MI.
Verify benefits outweigh risks; see full labeling. Increased risk of pro-arrhythmic effects. Chronic atrial fibrillation: not recommended. History of CHF or myocardial dysfunction. Sick sinus syndrome. Pacemaker patients. Correct potassium imbalances before use. Severe renal or hepatic impairment, concomitant amiodarone or reduced myocardial function: monitor plasma level. Discontinue if heart block occurs unless paced. Discontinue if liver dysfunction, blood dyscrasias occur. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased digoxin toxicity. May potentiate negative inotropic effects of β-blockers. Potentiated by cimetidine. Antagonized by phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine. Avoid disopyramide, verapamil, nifedipine, diltiazem, other negative inotropics. ½ dose when given with amiodarone.
Class IC antiarrhythmic.
Dizziness, visual disturbances, dyspnea, headache, fatigue, palpitations, chest pain, asthenia, tremor, edema, GI upset, new or exacerbated arrhythmias, heart failure, cardiac arrest, conduction defects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML