Generic Name and Formulations:
Dimethyl fumarate 120mg, 240mg; del-rel caps.
Indications for TECFIDERA:
Treatment of patients with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
Swallow whole. Initially 120mg twice daily for 7 days, then increase to maintenance dose of 240mg twice daily. If maintenance dose not tolerated, temporarily reduce back to initial dose. Within 4 weeks, resume maintenance dose; if not tolerated, consider discontinuing.
Obtain a CBC including lymphocyte count prior to initiation, after 6 months, and every 6 to 12 months thereafter; consider interruption if lymphocyte counts < 0.5 X 109/L persist for >6 months. Serious infection; consider withholding until resolved. Pre-existing low lymphocyte counts (not studied). Monitor serum aminotransferase, alkaline phosphatase, and total bilirubin prior to initiation and during treatment; discontinue if significant liver injury is suspected. Discontinue if signs/symptoms of anaphylaxis or angioedema occurs. Withhold and evaluate at first sign/symptom suggestive of PML. Administration with non-enteric coated aspirin 325mg or food may reduce incidence of flushing. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Flushing, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pruritus, rash; lymphopenia, liver injury.
Enroll pregnant patients exposed to Tecfidera by calling (866) 810-1462.
Starter Pack (30-day)—1 (120mg × 14 + 240mg × 46); Del-rel caps 120mg—14; 240mg—60
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Larotrectinib: Promising for All TRK-Positive Tumors
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy
- Modified XELIRI Yields Similar Outcomes to FOLFIRI in Metastatic CRC
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations