Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftaroline fosamil 400mg, 600mg; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
Indications for TEFLARO:
Susceptible bacterial community-acquired pneumonia and acute skin and skin structure infections.
≥18yrs: Give by IV infusion over 5–60mins. Treat skin and skin structure for 5–14 days; treat pneumonia for 5–7days. CrCl >50mL/min: 600mg every 12hrs. Renal impairment (CrCl >30–≤50mL/min): 400mg every 12hrs; (CrCl ≥15–≤30mL/min): 300mg every 12hrs; ESRD (including hemodialysis): 200mg every 12hrs (dose after dialysis on dialysis days).
<2mos: not established. Give by IV infusion over 5–60mins. 2mos–<2yrs: 8mg/kg every 8hrs. ≥2yrs–<18yrs (≤33kg): 12mg/kg every 8hrs; (>33kg): 400mg every 8hrs or 600mg every 12hrs. All: treat for 5–14 days.
Penicillin or other beta-lactam allergy. GI disease (esp. colitis). Monitor for hemolytic anemia. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May cause false (+) direct Coomb's test.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pyrexia, rash; pseudomembranous colitis, superinfection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML