Generic Name and Formulations:
Atenolol, chlorthalidone; 50mg/25mg+, 100mg/25mg; tabs; (+) scored.
Indications for TENORETIC:
Switching from monotherapy: initially one 50mg/25mg tab daily; may increase to one 100mg/25mg tab daily. CrCl 15–35mL/minute: max 50mg atenolol/day. CrCl <15mL/minute: max 50mg atenolol every other day.
Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Heart failure. Bronchospastic disease. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. SLE. Gout. Diabetes. Asthma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypokalemia. Surgery. Postsympathectomy. Peripheral circulatory disorders. Avoid abrupt cessation. Monitor electrolytes. Excessive diuresis. Potassium supplementation may be needed. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate hypotension with prazosin, alcohol, catecholamine-depleting drugs, CNS depressants. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis, lithium. Conduction abnormalities, bradycardia, heart block with calcium channel blockers (esp. verapamil, diltiazem). Adjust antidiabetic medications. Increased rebound hypertension with clonidine withdrawal. May block epinephrine. May increase responsiveness to tubocurarine. ACTH, steroids, amphotericin B increase risk of hypokalemia.
Cardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Heart failure, bronchospasm, bradycardia, heart block, dizziness, fatigue, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, hyperuricemia, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, cold extremities.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma