TETANUS TOXOID ADSORBED Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetanus toxoid; aluminum adsorbed; susp for IM inj; multi-dose vial preserved with thimerosal, single-dose vials contain trace amounts of thimerosal.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for TETANUS TOXOID ADSORBED:
Adults and Children:
<7yrs: not recommended. Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. ≥7yrs: Previously unvaccinated: three 0.5mL doses at elected date, then 4–8 weeks after first dose, and 6–12 months after second dose. Give booster dose at 11–12 yrs of age if last dose of tetanus and diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine was given ≥5yrs ago. Other: give booster every 10 years.
Latex allergy. Previous arthus-type hypersensitivity reaction: do not give more frequently than every 10 years. Defer in moderate or severe active respiratory or other febrile infection (may vaccinate if mild or minor illness) or during polio outbreak. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of last tetanus vaccine. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May get suboptimal response with immunosuppressants (eg, chemotherapy, high dose corticosteroids ≥2 weeks, radiation); consider deferring.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, tenderness), malaise, fever, hypotension, pain, nausea, arthralgia; rare: neurological disorders.
Single-dose vials (latex free)—10
Multi-dose vial (5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy