THERAFLU NIGHTTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; caplets.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU NIGHTTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH:
Nasal and sinus congestion, rhinorrhea, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
2 caplets every 4 hours; max 12 caplets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma