TOBRADEX OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tobramycin 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; contains chlorobutanol.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TOBRADEX OPH OINT:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection or risk thereof.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: apply small amount (½ inch) in conjunctival sac up to 3–4 times daily; max 8g for initial ℞.
Viral, fungal, or mycobacterial infections of the eye.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections, intraocular pressure and cataracts in prolonged use. Monitor blood levels in combined aminoglycoside therapy. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Aminoglycoside + steroid.
Local effects (eg, eye pain, eyelids pruritus, eyelid edema, conjunctival hyperemia or erythema), increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal perforations, optic nerve damage, delayed wound healing, secondary infection.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL; Oint—3.5g
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma