TRANSDERM SCOP Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Scopolamine 1.5mg (delivers approximately 1mg over 3 days); transdermal patch.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRANSDERM SCOP:
Prevention of motion sickness and post-op nausea and vomiting.
Apply to dry skin behind ear; do not cut patch. Motion sickness: 1 patch at least 4 hours before travel; remove after 72 hours. Post-op: 1 patch evening before surgery; for cesarean section: 1 patch 1 hour before surgery. Remove 24 hours after surgery.
Narrow angle glaucoma. Allergy to belladonna alkaloids.
Wash hands and skin after use; avoid eyes. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Hepatic, renal, or metabolic dysfunction. Seizure. Psychosis. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Alcohol, other CNS depressants potentiate CNS depression. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, antihistamines (e.g., meclizine), antidepressants. May affect absorption of other drugs.
Dry mouth, drowsiness, blurred vision, disorientation, confusion, difficult urination; withdrawal symptoms may occur if used for >3 days.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy