Generic Name and Formulations:
Triptorelin pamoate 3.75mg, 11.25mg, 22.5mg; lyophilized microgranules for IM inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Indications for TRELSTAR :
Palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
Give by IM inj in buttock. 3.75mg every 4 weeks, or 11.25mg every 12 weeks, or 22.5mg every 24 weeks.
Not for use in women. Must administer under physician supervision. Discontinue if hypersensitivity occurs. Initial transient increase in serum testosterone may result in worsening of signs/symptoms including bone pain, neuropathy, hematuria, or urethral/bladder obstruction. Spinal cord compression. Renal or hepatic impairment. Metastatic vertebral lesions. Upper or lower urinary tract obstruction. May prolong QT/QTc interval in patients with congenital long QT syndrome, CHF, frequent electrolyte abnormalities. Correct any electrolyte abnormalities; monitor ECGs and electrolytes periodically. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose and/or HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of cardiovascular disease. Measure serum testosterone periodically. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant hyperprolactinemic drugs: not recommended. Avoid concomitant drugs that are known to prolong the QT interval. May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic function tests.
Inj site reactions, hot flushes, skeletal pain, impotence, headache, leg edema/pain, erectile dysfunction, testicular atrophy; hyperglycemia.
Single-dose vial—1; MixJect system—1 (vial + vial adapter + prefilled syringe)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML