Triamcinolone Acetonide Nasal Spray Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 55mcg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone Acetonide Nasal Spray:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
2 sprays in each nostril once daily. Reduce dose as condition improves.
<2yrs: not established. 2–5yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. 6–12yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily; max 2 sprays in each nostril once daily. Reduce dose as condition improves.
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. Avoid use in patients with recent nasal ulcers, surgery, or trauma. Reevaluate if no improvement in 3 weeks. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), changes in vision or increased intraocular pressure, and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Pharyngitis, epistaxis, flu syndrome, cough increased, bronchitis, headache, pharyngolaryngeal pain, nasopharyngitis, abdominal upper pain, GI upset; glaucoma/cataracts, impaired wound healing, reduced growth velocity in children.
Nasal spray—16.5g (120 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib