TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, acetaminophen 160mg; per 5mL; alcohol-free; bubble gum-flavored liq; contains sodium 6mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER:
Cough, fever, sore throat, allergy symptoms, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL every 6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Liver disease. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
Antitussive + antihistamine + analgesic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Daratumumab Combination: New Standard of Care in Transplant-Ineligible Multiple Myeloma
- Adjuvant Trastuzumab Emtansine Confers Improved Outcome in KATHERINE Trial
- Extension of Adjuvant Anastrozole Regimen to 10 Years Yields Higher DFS, but Not OS
- Changes in Renal Cell Carcinoma Pathologic Staging and Histologic Grading
- Study Identifies Patients With Breast Cancer Who Don't Benefit From Adjuvant Chemo
- CD19 CAR T-Cell Therapies: "Expect an Evolution"
- Hypofractionated WBI Found Noninferior to Conventionally Fractionated WBI
- Selinexor Trials Move Nuclear Suppressor Protein-Export Inhibition Closer to the Clinic for Multiple Myeloma
- Younger Breast Cancer Patients at Higher Risk for Osteoporosis
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Immunosurveillance in Multiple Myeloma Identified