TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, acetaminophen 160mg; per 5mL; alcohol-free; bubble gum-flavored liq; contains sodium 6mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER:
Cough, fever, sore throat, allergy symptoms, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL every 6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Liver disease. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
Antitussive + antihistamine + analgesic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC