TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, acetaminophen 160mg; per 5mL; alcohol-free; bubble gum-flavored liq; contains sodium 6mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC MULTI-SYMPTOM FEVER:
Cough, fever, sore throat, allergy symptoms, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL every 6 hours as needed; max 4 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Liver disease. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Antitussive + antihistamine + analgesic.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Resveratrol and Cancer
- Liquid Biopsies and Cancer Detection: New Test Assesses Levels of Circulating Proteins for Early-Stage Diagnosis
- Understanding Telomerase: Higher Quality Images Give Insight Into Developing New Agents for Inhibition
- ARID1A Mutations Might Predict Tumor Response to Immunotherapy
- Global Burden of Myeloma Increasing, Access to Treatments Lacking
- ENESTfreedom Study Reports Durable Treatment-Free Remission in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia After 96 Weeks
- Adding Rituximab to Prednisolone May Improve Long-Term Response in Immune Thrombocytopenia
- FDA Updates Restrictions for Pembrolizumab, Atezolizumab in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Longer Overall Survival with FOLFIRINOX Versus Gemcitabine/nab-Paclitaxel in Pancreatic Cancer
- Dendritic Cell Vaccine Plus Salvage Chemotherapy Active in Gastric Cancer