Generic Name and Formulations:
Triptorelin pamoate 22.5mg; lyophilized microgranules for ext-rel IM inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for TRIPTODUR:
Treatment of central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not established. Give as IM inj in buttock or thigh. ≥2yrs: 22.5mg once every 24 weeks. Discontinue at appropriate time point for onset of puberty. Consider switching to alternative GnRH agonist if Triptodur dose is inadequate.
Use aseptic technique. Must administer under physician supervision. Initial transient rise in gonadotropins and sex steroids may result in increased signs/symptoms of puberty. Monitor LH and sex steroid levels at 1–2 months after treatment initiation, during, and with each subsequent dose. Assess height every 3–6 months and bone age periodically. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Renal or hepatic impairment. Discontinue if overdosage occurs. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant hyperprolactinemic drugs: not recommended. Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs). May interfere with pituitary gonadotropic and gonadal function tests.
Inj site reactions, menstrual bleeding, hot flush, headache, cough, infections (eg, bronchitis, gastroenteritis, influenza, nasopharyngitis, otitis externa, pharyngitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection); psychiatric events, convulsions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Larotrectinib: Promising for All TRK-Positive Tumors
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy
- Modified XELIRI Yields Similar Outcomes to FOLFIRI in Metastatic CRC
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations