TUSSICAPS 10mg/8mg CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8mg; as polistirex; ext–rel caps; contains alcohol.
Indications for TUSSICAPS 10mg/8mg:
Cough and upper respiratory symptoms.
1 cap (10mg/8mg) every 12hrs; max 2caps/24hrs.
<6yrs: see Contraindications. 6–11yrs: 1 cap (5mg/4mg) every 12hrs; max 2caps/24hrs.
Children <6yrs of age (risk of fatal respiratory depression).
Respiratory depression. Post–op. Pulmonary disease. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Glaucoma. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Acute abdomen. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants, tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs. Paralytic ileus with concurrent anticholinergics.
Antitussive + antihistamine.
Nausea, vomiting, CNS and respiratory depression, ureteral and vesical sphincter spasm, chest tightness, abuse potential, anticholinergic effects, rash, pruritis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML