Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis A inactivated 720 ELISA Units (EL.U.), hepatitis B surface antigen (recombinant) 20mcg; per mL; susp for IM inj; aluminum adsorbed; contains trace amounts of thimerosal, formalin, neomycin, yeast protein.
Indications for TWINRIX:
Hepatitis A and hepatitis B immunization.
≥18yrs: 1 inj IM in deltoid area at 0-, 1-, and 6 months. Alternate 4-dose schedule: 1 inj IM in deltoid area at 0-, 7-, and 21 to 30-days followed by booster dose at month 12.
<18yrs: not recommended.
May defer in acute febrile illness or active infection. Bleeding disorders. Thrombocytopenia. Immunodeficiency: may get suboptimal response. Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. If given with immune globulin, use separate syringe and different site. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressives may reduce efficacy.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, GI upset, fever.
Register pregnant patients exposed to Twinrix by calling (888) 452-9622. Report adverse events to VAERS by calling (800) 822-7967.
Single-dose vials—1, 10; Single-dose prefilled syringes—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma — In the Clinic
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- 5α-Reductase Inhibitors Do Not Increase Risk of High-Grade Prostate Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy