TYLENOL w. CODEINE #4 CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 60mg, acetaminophen 300mg; tabs; contains sulfites.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for TYLENOL w. CODEINE #4:
Mild to moderately severe pain.
#3: 1–2 tabs every 4 hours. #4: 1 tab every 4 hours.
Post-op pain management in children who have undergone tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
Risk of respiratory depression and death related to ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (esp. in children in post-op tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy). Hepatotoxicity (w. acetaminophen >4g/day). Obstructive sleep apnea. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Addison's disease. Asthma. Drug abusers. Sulfite sensitivity. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiation with alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers (eg, chlordiazepoxide, sedative-hypnotics), other CNS depressants, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics.
Opioid + analgesic.
Drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, sedation, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, constipation, urinary retention, rash; overdosage: respiratory depression, hepatotoxicity.
#3—100, 1000; #4—100, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML