Generic Name and Formulations:
Treprostinil 0.6mg/mL; soln for oral inhalation using Tyvaso Inhalation System.
United Therapeutics Corp.
Indications for TYVASO:
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (WHO Group I) in patients with NYHA Class III symptoms, to improve exercise ability.
Give 4 separate treatment sessions each day approximately 4hrs apart, during waking hours. ≥18yrs: Initially 3 breaths (18mcg) per treatment session; if not tolerated, reduce to 1–2 breaths, and then subsequently increase to 3 breaths as tolerated. Maintenance: may increase by an additional 3 breaths at 1–2 week intervals, if tolerated, to target dose of 9 breaths (54mcg) per treatment session.
<18yrs: not established.
Significant underlying lung disease (eg, asthma, COPD). Acute pulmonary infections. Patients with low systemic arterial pressure. Hepatic or renal insufficiency. Risk of bleeding. Avoid contact with eyes and skin, oral ingestion. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of symptomatic hypotension with concomitant diuretics, antihypertensives, other vasodilators. May be potentiated by CYP2C8 inhibitor (eg, gemfibrozil). May be antagonized by CYP2C8 inducer (eg, rifampin). Increased risk of bleeding with anticoagulants.
Cough, headache, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, flushing, throat irritation, pharyngolaryngeal pain, syncope; symptomatic hypotension, bleeding.
Ampules (2.9mL)—4; Starter Kit—1 (28 ampules with inhalation system); Refill Kit—1 (28 ampules with accessories)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML