UCERIS RECTAL FOAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Budesonide 2mg; per metered dose; emulsion.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for UCERIS RECTAL FOAM:
Induction of remission in patients with active, mild-to-moderate distal ulcerative colitis extending up to 40cm from the anal verge.
For rectal use only. Empty bowels prior to administration. Apply 1 metered dose twice daily (AM & PM) for 2 weeks, then 1 metered dose once daily (PM) for 4 weeks.
Not for oral use. Active or quiescent tuberculosis, untreated fungal, bacterial, systemic viral or parasitic infections or ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral therapies. Supplement with systemic glucocorticosteroid in surgery or other stress situations. Caution when transferring from steroids with high systemic effects; monitor. May unmask allergies previously controlled by systemic corticosteroids. Hypertension. Diabetes. Osteoporosis. Peptic ulcer. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Temporarily discontinue prior to colonoscopy bowel preparation. Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C): monitor for hypercorticism; consider discontinuing if occurs. Flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, erythromycin, cyclosporine, grapefruit juice); avoid.
Decreased blood cortisol, adrenal insufficiency, nausea; hypercorticism, adrenal suppression, immunosuppression, increased susceptibility to infection.
Canister—1 (14 doses); Kit—1 (2 canisters w. 28 applicators)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML