Generic Name and Formulations:
Budesonide 9mg; extended-release tablets.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for UCERIS:
Induction of remission in patients with active, mild-to-moderate ulcerative colitis.
Swallow whole. 9mg once daily in the AM for up to 8 weeks.
Active or quiescent tuberculosis, untreated fungal, bacterial, systemic viral or parasitic infections. Supplement with systemic glucocorticosteroid in surgery or other stress situations. Caution when transferring from steroids with high systemic availability (monitor). May unmask allergies previously controlled by systemic corticosteroids. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral prophylactic therapies. Hypertension. Diabetes. Osteoporosis. Peptic ulcer. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Moderate-to-severe liver disease: monitor for hypercorticism; consider discontinuing. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, erythromycin); consider discontinuing. Avoid grapefruit or grapefruit juice. May be affected by gastric acid reducing agents (eg, PPIs, H2-blockers, antacids).
Headache, nausea, decreased blood cortisol, upper abdominal pain, fatigue, flatulence, abdominal distension, acne, urinary tract infection, arthralgia, constipation; hypercorticism, adrenal suppression, immunosuppression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy